Added minutes for July 24th meeting.
authorGaelan D'costa <gdcosta@csclub.uwaterloo.ca>
Mon, 28 Jul 2003 16:15:19 +0000 (16:15 +0000)
committerGaelan D'costa <gdcosta@csclub.uwaterloo.ca>
Mon, 28 Jul 2003 16:15:19 +0000 (16:15 +0000)
events.xml

index b61eeb8..c7419ea 100755 (executable)
 
   <eventitem date="2003-07-24" time="3:00 PM" room="CSC Office" title="July 
   Exec Meeting">
-  <short> July 24th Exec Meeting </short>
+  <short> See Abstract for minutes </short>
+  <abstract>
+  <pre>
+--paying Simon for Sugar
+-Unanimous yea.
+-ACTION ITEM: Mark
+       Expense this to MathSoc in lieu of foreign speaker.
+
+--We currently have (including CD-R and pop-income not 
+currently in safe) $972.85
+-We have $359.02 on budget that we can expense to MathSoc.
+
+--We got MEF money for books and video card. Funding for 
+wireless microphone is dependent on whether MFCF is 
+willing to host it.
+-Funding for casters was denied.
+-Shopping for the Video card.
+-Expecting it after auguest (Stefanus shopping for it.)
+-Will have to hear back regarding the microphone, best to 
+delay that now, discuss it with MEF.
+       -Better to do it this term, so it doesn't get lost.
+       -Let MFCF know about this concern.
+-Regarding books, can be done anytime before September.
+
+--Events feedback
+       -Generally, Jim Eliot talk when really well.
+               -Apparently he was generally offensive.
+       -When was the LaTeX talk? End of the month.
+       -Kegger at Jim's place on the 16th.
+
+--Getting people in on the 6th, 7th, 8th for csc commercials
+filmed by Jason
+       -Hang out in here, and he'll make a CSC commercial.
+       -Co-ordinate when everyone should be in here, so we can email Jason.
+
+--CEO progress
+       -CEO needs it's database changed to use ISBN as a primary key.
+       -Needs functionality to take out/return books.
+
+--Mark just entered financial stuff into GNUcash
+
+--Choose CRO for next term.
+-Stefanus has expressed desire not to be CRO.
+-Gary Simmons was suggested (and he accepted)
+-Unanimous yea
+
+--Mike Biggs has to get here naked.
+       -Four unanimous votes.
+       -Nakedness only applies to getting here, not being here.
+
+
+From last meeting:
+ACTION ITEM: Biggs and Cass
+-get labelmaker tape, masking tape
+whiteboard makers, coloured paper, CD sleeves
+-keep reciepts for CSC office expenses.
+
+How is the progess on allowing executives and voters to be non-math
+members?
+-The vote is coming up Monday.
+-Proposal: Anyone who is a paying member can be a member
+       -So you can either do two things:
+       Pay MathSoc fees, or
+       Get your faculty society to recognize CSC as a club.
+
+Stefanus wanted to mention that we shoudl talk to Yolanda, 
+Craig or Louie about a EYT event for frosh week.
+-Organized by Meg.
+-Sugar Mountain trying to hook all the Frosh
+ACTION ITEM: Jim
+-Email Meg
+
+Reminder for Next Year's executive.
+-September 16th @ 5:00pm, get a table for Clubs day, and 17th 
+and 18th, maintain the booth (full day events).
+-Update pamphlets.
+ACTION ITEM: Gary
+-There should be executive before then 
+
+Note: There needs to be a private section in the CSC Procedures Manual.
+(Only accessible by shell)
+ACTION ITEM: Simon
+-Do it.
+
+ACTION ITEM: Mike
+-Talk to Plantops about:
+-Locks on doors
+-Mounting corkboard.
+-Talk about CSC Sign
+  </pre>
+  </abstract>
+
   </eventitem>
   <eventitem date="2003-06-27" time="2:30 PM" room="DC1302"
    title="Friday Flicks">