Added minutes to events page.
authorGaelan D'costa <gdcosta@csclub.uwaterloo.ca>
Thu, 19 Jun 2003 17:58:31 +0000 (17:58 +0000)
committerGaelan D'costa <gdcosta@csclub.uwaterloo.ca>
Thu, 19 Jun 2003 17:58:31 +0000 (17:58 +0000)
events.xml

index f2bf7d4..f20d8c2 100755 (executable)
   </abstract>
   </eventitem>
 
-  <eventitem date="2003-06-12" time="3:30 PM" room="MC3036" title="June 12 Exec Meeting">
+  <eventitem date="2003-06-12" time="3:30 PM" room="MC3036 CSC Office" title="June 12 Exec Meeting">
   <short>Have an issue that should be brought up? We'd love to hear it!</short>
   <abstract>
-  <p>To be written...</p>
+  <pre>
+  
+Budget: All the money we requested
+       --No money from Pints from Profs
+       --MathSoc has promised us $1250
+       
+Feedback from Completed Events
+       UNIX Talks: 17 people for first
+                       --12 people for second
+                       --Things going well
+                       --Last talk today
+                       --VI next week
+       IPsec
+       --Sparse crowd
+       --People Jim didn't know talked to him for 1/2 hour
+
+       History of CSC talk went well
+       --Good variety of people
+
+       Pints with Profs
+       --NO CS Profs
+       --Only 1 E&amp; CE prof
+       --Only 2 Math profs
+       --Jim will harrass the profs at the School of CS Council meeting.
+       
+       We're starting to fall behind in planning
+       
+       RoShamBo rules
+       --Got a web site up
+       --Might have to move RSB back
+       --International site has a few test samples
+       --Stefanus had some ideas
+       --Coding will probably take an afternoon/evening
+       --We need volunteers to run the competition
+       --We have volunteers to code: Phil and Stefanus
+       
+       ACTION ITEM: Phil and Stefanus
+       --code whatever you volunteered to code for.
+       
+       --Mike intends to visit classes and directly advertise
+       --Email Christina Hotz 
+
+       --GH guy: Mike has an abstract, will have posters by tomorrow
+       
+       CSC Movie Night
+       --Mathnet, Hackers, Wargames, Tron
+       --Mike will get a room
+       --Will be closed member
+
+       Mike McCool is offering rooms for showing SIGGRAPH 
+       ACTION ITEM: Jim
+       -check with Mike McCool.
+       
+       ACTION ITEM: Mike 
+       -Make posters for Movie Nights
+
+       When is other movie night? (Will plan some time in July)
+
+       Who is our foreign speaker?
+       Action Item: jelliot@ca.ibm.com (Check name first) about 
+       getting a foreign speaker -- Note: Has already been contacted.
+
+       Simon got money from Engsoc
+
+       Cass meeds coloured paper (CSC is out)
+
+       ACTION ITEM: Cass and Mark 
+       --get labelmaker tape, masking tape, 
+       whiteboard makers, coloured paper 
+       --keep reciepts for CSC office expenses
+
+       NOTICE: Mike is now Imapd
+
+       Simon distibuted budget list
+       Mark got the money from Mathsoc for last budget, deposited it.
+
+       ACTION ITEM:Mark
+       --Get MEF funding by July 4th (equipment)
+       ACTION ITEM: Simon
+       --Get WEEF funding by June 27th (book)
+
+       Jim still working on allowing executives and voters to be 
+       non-math members
+
+       We get free photocopying from MathSoc
+       ACTION ITEM: Mike 
+       --write down code for free photocopying from MathSoc
+       
+       Simon has been able to get into the cscdisk account, still 
+       looking into getting into the cscceo account.
+
+       Damien got an e-mail stating that the files for cscdisk are 
+       out of date.
+       
+       ACTION ITEM: Simon
+       --provide SSH key to Phil for getting into cscdisk, cscceo, etc...
+       --Renumber bootup scripts for sugar and powerpc so that they 
+       boot up happily.
+
+       ACTION ITEM: Mike needs to do all the plantops stuff again.
+
+       ACTION ITEM: Mike -- &quot;Stapler if you say please&quot; sign.
+
+       CVS Tree for CEO has been exported.
+       Damien has volunteered to finish CEO (found by Cass)
+
+       All books with barcodes have been scanned
+       All books without barcodes need to be bar-coded.
+
+       ACTION ITEM: Mark
+       --Find a Credit-card with a $500 or less limit.
+
+       Note: There needs to be a private section in the 
+       CSC Procedures Manual. (Only accessible by shell)
+
+       Stefanus Wanted to mention that we should talk to 
+       Yolanda, Craig or Louie about a EYT event for Frosh Week.
+  </pre>
   </abstract>
   </eventitem>
 
@@ -211,7 +328,183 @@ have for future courses.  One and all are welcome!</p>
 <eventitem date="2003-05-22" time="4:30 PM" room="MC3036 CSC Office" title="May 22 Exec Meeting">
 <short>The execs discuss what needs discussion</short>
 <abstract>
-<p>I'll learn how to put the minutes here soon, I promise! -- Secretary</p>
+<pre>
+
+Minutes for CSC Exec Meeting
+May 22, 2003
+
+
+* Add staff to burners group.
+       -- Only office staff (people who do stuff) on burners list
+       -- No objections from executives
+
+* We still need a webmaster, imapd
+       -- Action Item: Mike
+               --Check for pop delivery services (Like Grocery Gateway)
+               so that we can replace imapd with an automated cronjob
+               -- If this gets implemented, we must make sure that 
+               someone is around to receive the pop whenever it is 
+               delivered. 
+
+* Budgets
+       Action Item: Simon
+               -- Make sure execs receive a copy of the proposed budget
+       Action Item: Mark
+               -- Look into claiming money from Mathsoc for the last 
+               term.
+       --Will be looked over the week after next Monday at the Mathsoc
+       Budget meeting.
+       --June 27th is the WEF (Engineering Endowment Fund) deadline
+       --EngSoc proposal for donations by the end of the month
+       -- Around 15 events planned
+               --Foreign Speaker
+                       --CS Departmant will pay for flight
+                       -- We can pay local expenses
+               --Pints with Profs
+               --Ro-Sham-Bo
+               
+*Changes in the MathSoc Clubs Policy
+       Action Item: Jim and Stefanus
+               --Bring thus up with MathSoc
+               --Might be good to talk to Bioinformatics about this, as 
+               they have science faculty members to take care of as well. 
+       --Major issue: People who revoke their Mathsoc fees can still be
+       voting  members
+       --We want it so that only people who have paid dues to Mathsoc 
+       can vote.
+       --Execs should not take back fees, as that is bad form.
+       --All execs unanimously agreed with this proposal
+
+*Confirming that we have free printing and photocopying
+       Action Item: Mark
+               --Does Faculty of Math billing code apply to CSC 
+               (as Faculty of Math department?)
+               -- Procedures manual has a billing code, but it should 
+               be confirmed.
+               -- Ask MUO, then Shirley after that.
+       Action Item: Simon
+               --Apparently there is a special Watcard that provides 
+               free printing from MFCF
+               --We do not know what account it is mapped to, 
+               or the password.
+
+* Getting csc_disk, csc, csc_ceo accounts on undergrad to work again.
+       Action Item: Phil
+               -- Get csc-disk back up for student use.
+               -- What group permissions do we need?
+               -- CSC-Disk should be used as a repository for custom 
+               window managers, Mozilla, etc... (selling factor for
+               CSC accounts)
+               -- We should also have an announcement (MOTD, perhaps?) 
+               that we are providing and supporting this software.
+                       --Consider: Having university-wide accessible 
+                       binaries might be a pain, as different machines
+                       might require different compilations.
+               -- CSC-Disk is full of user data. Should that be blown away?
+
+*Getting locker #7 from MathSoc (Don't we already have lockers 788 and 
+789?)
+       --Why were the locks snipped? (Bring up at council meeting)
+       --We would prefer one combo-lock and one key-lock.
+
+* Review of the CSC office organization
+       Action Item: Damien
+               --Give Mike sudo access for shutdown
+                       --Will be rewiring stuff on Saturday
+                               --involves re-plugging machines
+       Action Item: Simon
+               --Get rubber wheels for chairs
+       
+       Action Item: Mike
+               -- Ask PlantOps about:
+                       --Waxing floors
+                       --Installing Electronic Lock (asap)
+                               --According to Faculty of Math, 
+                               we shouldn't need keys.
+                               --Currently, we still need keys
+                               --It is kosher to install Electronic lock
+                               --This provides access right control as 
+                               compared to key-control.                
+                               --Might be long term project.
+                               --Will green men do it?
+                       --Steam-clean chairs (at least once a term)
+                       --Cork-board
+                       --Making ugly wall prettier
+                               --PlantOps knows about office 
+                               organization, making environment better.
+       --Whiteboards need to be put up
+       --Proposal: Cork-board on pillar (no objections)
+       --Metal frames on Whiteboard will be in least annoying place
+
+*Do we provide public stapler access?
+       --People are often unappreciative and rude
+       --Sign -  "Stapler if you say please" -- Unanimously voted 
+                                                stapler policy
+       
+*MathSoc Sign
+       --Action Item: Jim
+               --Find out where to get CSC sign before Monday so we 
+               can claim it in old budget. 
+
+* Librarian's Report
+       --Action Item: Jim
+               --Find perl volunteer to finish CEO
+               --Force Stefanus to export CVS tree and put onto Peri
+       
+       --Books were scanned into system with help of Mark
+       --All books with valid barcodes entered into system on 
+       May 20th
+       --Books without valid barcodes are not in system
+               --Someone needs to do it
+       --Plan is to implement Dewey decimal system
+               --May be inefficient as all books are about CS
+               --We will figure out a system later
+       --No plans to purchase new books
+       --Librarian's Request:  Office Staff should not lend out books 
+       that do not have barcodes (No objects to request) 
+       --We are still using /media/iso/request to track books
+       --Should be charge late fees for books?
+       --We should have money in budget for repairing,maintaining books
+       --Before spending money on maintaining books, check if DC will 
+       do it
+               --will it be cheaper/easier/better?
+
+*Setting up extra quota for fun and profit.
+       -- We don't implement quota properly right now
+       -- Low demand for extra quota
+       -- Counterpoint: Old CSC made tons of money
+       -- Counter-counter-point: It's not that necessary for extra 
+       quota nowadays. 
+       -- Executives voted against proposal.
+
+*Jim will spam with an update about the term
+       --Consider making it opt-in
+       --One email from a service you are using should be considered 
+       reasonable mass mailing
+
+*Should Jim bring anything up at the MathSoc meeting?**
+       -- Has a list
+
+* Student branches for ACM and IEEE
+       Action Item: Gaelan
+               --Contact IEEE Computing Society in UW and ask if they want 
+               to merge or transfer society to us
+       --Simon volunteers to be put down as exec for ACM
+               --ACM rules state requirement that exec is a ACM member
+       --Do we renew Calum's ACM membership?
+               --Yes (3 Yes; 1 No; 1 Abstention)
+       --ACM membership money in budget
+       --ACM Student chapter form has not come in
+
+* What to do with the donated Procedures Manual?
+       --Term Task for webpage:
+               --Put procedures manual on web-page.
+               --Merge with current manual
+       --We don't have a hard copy
+       --Would be a good thing to read.
+       --Many parts need updating
+
+</pre>
 </abstract>
 </eventitem>