Welcome to the CSC Cloud!
The CSC cloud is a collection of compute, network and storage services available to CSC members.
This service was made possible thanks to hardware donations and funding from:
- the Mathematics Endowment Fund (MEF)
- the Student Life Endowment Fund (SLEF)
- the Computer Science Computing Facility (CSCF)
- CloudStack - Virtual machines on demand.
- Virtual hosting - Domain name routing for websites.
- Kubernetes - Easily deploy your Dockerized apps.
- Registry - A place to store your Docker images.
First, make sure that you are a CSC member and that your membership has not expired.
Here is a list of general-use CSC machines which you may SSH into after becoming a member: https://wiki.csclub.uwaterloo.ca/Machine_List
If you wish to see the terms for which your membership is valid, you can run the following command from any general-use machine:
ceo members get <your_username>
When your membership expires, all of your cloud resources will be **permanently deleted**, so make sure that you buy enough membership terms in advance.
To start creating your own virtual machines, please see the CloudStack page for more details.