Add 'warning header' feature
This can be done post-launch - it would be nice to have a banner at the top of the website for machine outage warnings. The warning period should only last a week or so.
Edit from Neil: The approach I think we should take for showing the banner is to specify a start and end date/time, and show the banner based on that. This way, we could also keep historical banners, and pre-schedule banners as well.
Additional notes from our meeting on Jan. 19/2022:
- The warnings can be stored in .md files in a subfolder under the
contentfolder, similar to how news and events are stored.
- For now, emit an error at build time if any warnings have an overlap in the time period when they're supposed to be displayed.
- The warning banner should appear at the top of all pages (similar to how the Navbar appears at the top of all pages).
- For now, we do not need to display an X to close the banner or anything.
- We have a
form-invalidcolour defined in
pages/_app.cssthat currently is not being used anywhere - perhaps this colour could be modified slightly, renamed, and then used as the background colour for the warning banner.
- We will not submit a formal design request for this feature, however please send a screenshot in the ~website-design channel on Mattermost once the frontend has been implemented, in order to get feedback from the Design team.
Deleting a branch is permanent. It CANNOT be undone. Continue?